Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Can't believe this site is still up
Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 12:50 pm by Scootch Raccoon

» Off-Topic!
Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 8:17 pm by jjsthekid

» OMG LOOK AT THIS
Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 6:41 am by Jelly Otter

» PB&J Otter colouring pages
Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 6:41 am by Jelly Otter

» Jelly Otter finger puppet
Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 6:40 am by Jelly Otter

» PB&J Otter Tribute Video -- "Friends" Music Video
Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 6:40 am by Jelly Otter

» Episode Transcript: The Treasure Of Hoohaw Rock
Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 6:38 am by Jelly Otter

» International Noodle dances
Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 6:38 am by Jelly Otter

» Episodes I'd like to watch again

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 137 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:55 pm

4 posters

Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System?

Splouge
    Splouge

Internet Explorer
    Hoohaw Bucks : 20181

Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? Empty Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System?

Post by Splouge Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:20 pm

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY EAS (or EBS for that matter) VIDEOS ONTO THIS!

That unexpected blaring beep. There was an EAS for real here in Michigan. The TV sound was muted, but my little brother screamed bloody murder. Not noticing mom was half asleep.

Last edited by Splouge on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChrisROCKSC23
    ChrisROCKSC23

Chrome
    Hoohaw Bucks : 22125

Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? Empty Re: Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System?

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm

That thing is SO CREEPY! Just imaging you hearing that bass blowing beep at 3 o clock in the morning. I rather go with the Japanese warning they put out when a severe earthquake strikes. It makes a *bling bling* sound instead of the jarring 3 tones and that one long *errrrrrrrrrrr* sound. So yeah, when I hear it, I get a chill any down my spine. I'm with you!
    Splouge
    Splouge

Internet Explorer

Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System? Empty Re: Who else is scared of the Emergency Alert System?

Post by Splouge Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Yeah, even though the TV was muted, me and my brother still have stiff legs from seeing it. A few months ago, I would wake up at 3:00 in the morning. And, I'd hear the EAS. I was hallucinating of course. But once, when I was sick, there was an EAS test, and I COULDN'T FIND THE REMOTE. So I couldn't turn down the sound
    Splouge
    Splouge

Internet Explorer

Post by Splouge Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:15 pm

I think the Angry Video Game Nerd said this best. 

You'd rather listen to your own infant child puking to death. That is choking to death on his own puke chunks.

-The Angry Video Game Nerd
    ChrisROCKSC23
    ChrisROCKSC23

Chrome

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Speaking of which, I saw a Local Access Alert for Okinawa, Hawaii broadcasted on Nickelodeon in 2002. This might be as scary as the Emergency Alert System.

First, the channel is running like normal, then the screen blanks out and gives an attention signal that is not used in regular systems. Next, a command post officer says that the command post has declared a tropical condition storm watch for the area. The officer is using a telephone to provide the information, so she pressed a number on the keypad when she's done. Then, the channel is being received like normal. 

P.S. These are for URGENT emergencies only. They do not do this anymore, thank goodness!

Last edited by ChrisROCKSC23 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Splouge
    Splouge

Internet Explorer

Post by Splouge Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:51 pm

ChrisROCKSC23 wrote:Speaking of which, I saw a Local Access Alert for Okinawa, Hawaii broadcasted on Nickelodeon in 2002. This might be as scary as the Emergency Alert System.

First, the channel is running like normal, then the screen blanks out and gives an attention signal that is not used in regular systems. Next, a command post officer says that the command post has declared a tropical condition storm watch for the area. The officer is using a telephone to provide the information, so she pressed a number on the keypad when she's done. Then, the channel is being received like normal. 

P.S. These are for URGENT emergencies only. They do not do this anymore, thank goodness!
    Please, no videos of that anymore.
    ChrisROCKSC23
    ChrisROCKSC23

Chrome

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Lol, I wouldn't. It's creepy! 

(meet me on xat)
    Splouge
    Splouge

Internet Explorer

Post by Splouge Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:34 am

please delete the video!
    ChrisROCKSC23
    ChrisROCKSC23

Chrome

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Deleted for your convenience. You're welcome. Smile
    CFullmetalgrl
    CFullmetalgrl

Chrome
    Hoohaw Bucks : 22184

Post by CFullmetalgrl Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:12 am

ew, I hate these alert systems. So annoying -_-
    ChrisROCKSC23
    ChrisROCKSC23

Chrome

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:31 am

Annoying, and the subwoofer blowing sound…  Rolling Eyes I mean, I can see information of a thunderstorm warning on The Weather Channel. The tests have to be the worst part, interrupting your favorite program, like PB&J otter, for no apparent reason. The EAS already works, so why test it, you know?
    Splouge
    Splouge

Internet Explorer

Post by Splouge Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:26 am

I hate the FCC. I hate the EAS. And I hate the EBS.

Last edited by Splouge on Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChrisROCKSC23
    ChrisROCKSC23

Chrome

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:08 am

Neutral
    ChrisROCKSC23
    ChrisROCKSC23

Chrome

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:15 am

I'm sorry, but the Forum rules says no swearing.

But, yeah, I kinda agree. For example, the EAS is testing when you are watching TV. The parentheses are the reaction of what the viewer might be saying while it's testing.

The broadcasters of you're area (yeah...) in voluntary cooperation with the FCC (of course  Rolling Eyes ) and other authorities... (I'm changing the channel!) *tunes to channel three* … have developed this system to keep you informed (AAAAAAH!) in the event of an emergency. (I'm turning off the TV.) *Turns off TV* If this had been an actual emergency, (OH BOY! KNOCK IT OFF, EAS!) the sound you would have heard would have been followed by news and official information. (SHUT UP, EAS!) This concludes this test of the Emergency Alert System. (YEEEEEEESSSSS!) *alert tones* (NOOOOOO!)
    CFullmetalgrl
    CFullmetalgrl

Chrome

Post by CFullmetalgrl Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:07 pm

ChrisROCKSC23 wrote:Annoying, and the subwoofer blowing sound…  Rolling Eyes I mean, I can see information of a thunderstorm warning on The Weather Channel. The tests have to be the worst part, interrupting your favorite program, like PB&J otter, for no apparent reason. The EAS already works, so why test it, you know?

Yeah. that's what I hate most.
    ChrisROCKSC23
    ChrisROCKSC23

Chrome

Post by ChrisROCKSC23 Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Why does Japan have a subtle Earthquake Warning System when our warning system sounds like we're all gonna die? Some things we will never know.
    CFullmetalgrl
    CFullmetalgrl

Chrome

Post by CFullmetalgrl Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Beats me.
    Flick Duck
    Flick Duck

Firefox
    Hoohaw Bucks : 24613

Post by Flick Duck Sat May 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Ahhh the emergency alert system. Not exactly the hottest thing when it interrupts a PB&J Otter recording. (thankfully I already had Otter Pox recorded)

By the way CF, you never told me you were back on LHB. Tongue
    Splouge
    Splouge

Internet Explorer

Post by Splouge Sat May 03, 2014 8:25 pm

You had the EAS interrupt a recording? What ep was it?
    Flick Duck
    Flick Duck

Firefox

Post by Flick Duck Sat May 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Splouge wrote:You had the EAS interrupt a recording? What ep was it?

Gotta Dance / Otter Pox -- believe it came on while Peanut and Butter were cheering Jelly up in her room in the 2nd story. Strangely enough the alert system message didn't even list my area, so I don't even know why I got it...
    Splouge
    Splouge

Internet Explorer

Post by Splouge Sat May 03, 2014 8:28 pm

Just for turds and giggles, could you e-mail me the alert
    Flick Duck
    Flick Duck

Firefox

Post by Flick Duck Sat May 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Give me a moment to record it. I'll turn off the sound for you since I know the sound scares you. Smile
    CFullmetalgrl
    CFullmetalgrl

Chrome

Post by CFullmetalgrl Sat May 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Flick Duck wrote:Ahhh the emergency alert system. Not exactly the hottest thing when it interrupts a PB&J Otter recording. (thankfully I already had Otter Pox recorded)

I was gonna tell ya, but kept forgetting Tongue
    Flick Duck
    Flick Duck

Firefox

Post by Flick Duck Sat May 03, 2014 9:45 pm

CF wrote:
    Flick Duck wrote:Ahhh the emergency alert system. Not exactly the hottest thing when it interrupts a PB&J Otter recording. (thankfully I already had Otter Pox recorded)

I was gonna tell ya, but kept forgetting Tongue

That's okay. What brought ya back? Tongue
    CFullmetalgrl
    CFullmetalgrl

Chrome

Post by CFullmetalgrl Sat May 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Boredom I guess hehe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 pm